In interworks.cloud platform you can define products for Acronis Cloud Backup and Files Sync & Share solutions. This can be achieved by using the Acronis Services product type.
Getting the Product Type for Acronis Services
After completing the activation of Acronis Services you should run the Get Services Definition in Acronis Settings page. This action will create the Acronis Services product type in your Cloud BSS.
You can locate the Acronis Services product type in BSS > Setup > Billing > Products > Product Types.
This product type has the following property:
- Cloud Backup Storage (GB). This is a product characteristic that can be used for defining in the Acronis products the storage the customer will get for backups. It can be used also for defining storage add-ons for your products.
- Local Backup Storage (GB). The customer can backup his data in local storage also. This property is for setting for each of your plan the quota for the local storage and for creating add-ons for extra local storage.
- Files Cloud Storage (GB). For Files Sync & Share offerings you can use this property for setting the files storage.
- Cloud Backup Gateway. This is a drop-down property with the available locations for the storage of the backup data. The available locations are the backup getaways you have defined in Acronis portal.
- Files Cloud Gateway. This is a drop-down property with the available locations for the storage of the files data. The available locations are the files getaways you have defined in Acronis portal.
Using these properties you can create any mix of offerings. You can create backup plans, file sharing plans or a combined plan that offers both backup and file sharing.
Setting up the pricing options for your Acronis plans
We strongly advise to setup your Acronis products with the following options:
- Billing Day = 1st of the month. Since Acronis always charges their partners on 1st of the month for the previous calendar month, it is a good practise to define that the Acronis products are always billed every 1st of the month.
- Set Usage Charge Rule = Charge the whole billing period. By setting this option, you will bill your customer for the total quota he has purchased regardless the date he placed the order.
These two options will allow you to bill your customers every 1st of the moth for the total quota they have purchased regardless the date they placed the order.
Defining a Backup Plan
The definition of an Acronis backup product is very simple since you only need to define the correct product type, the storage (local or cloud) it includes, the gateway for the data storage and its pricing.
The above paradigm is an Acronis Backup plan with 100G of cloud storage and 100G of local storage where the data will be stored in a gateway on Azure.
You can create as many backup plans you want by setting different storage quota and storage location.
Defining an Add-on for Extra Storage
You can define add-ons for your customers to purchase extra storage (either cloud or local storage). By creating an add-on you have to define the extra storage you want to give by setting the correct value in the correspondent product characteristic.
Below is a parading of an add-on for purchasing 10G of extra cloud storage.
You can define more than one add-on if you wish to have packages of storage available for your customers (e.g. packages of 10G, 25G or 100G cloud or local storage) with different price per GB because of the volume. When you create a storage add-on make sure that the values of the Storage(GB) and Local Storage(GB) properties to correspond to the storage you want.
Defining a File Sync & Share Plan
The definition of an Acronis Files product is very simple since you only need to define the correct product type, the files storage it includes and the gateway for the data storage.
You can also create add-on for allowing your customers to purchase extra files storage.
Defining a Combined Plan for Both Backup and Files Storage
For such plan you should define the storage quota for both backups and files and of course the storage locations.
You should also create add-ons for increasing the backup or the files quota.
You can proceed by learning how to order for an Acronis product Next